[OM] Re: [[ Am I going to regret my choice?

Subject: [OM] Re: [[ Am I going to regret my choice?
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 11:17:14 -0500
swisspace wrote:
> As I see it Only if all the pictures you take with the E1 before the
> E500 is available are no good :-)
>

>>>OM adapter) price tag, and wondering if I'll regret not waiting for the
>>>camera with more bells and whistles...

I run across this all the time with computers, music/recording
equipment, ham radio equipment, and camera stuff....

It's just a case of "gear slut-itis".  There's nothing wrong with my E1,
and I'm just starting to learn some of it's capabilities and things to
watch out for.

Main thing to learn is to not follow the tendency to let the camera do
all the work.  I need to think like I do with the OM's and take control
back, since the camera and I don't always think the same thing.

I've gotten some wonderful shots with the E1 so far, and some not so
wonderful.  Just like the 20-some-year-old OM's.  I just need to ignore
the sirens singing the praise of this month's newest toy and concentrate
on getting the best out of the one I settled on.  Now, where did I put
my earplugs...  ;-p

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins