[OM] Re: regula flash what is OLYMPUS closest to

Subject: [OM] Re: regula flash what is OLYMPUS closest to
From: "Andreas Pirner" <AndreasPirner@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 23:19:03 +0200
swisspace wrote:
> I have just recieved my regula varient 740-2mfd multi dedicated flash.
> the question is it seems to be dedicated to everything except olympus
> choices are
> nikon/ricoh
> minolta/leica
> pentax
> canon
> normal/fuji
> I have tried it in all settings but it doesn't seem to make much
> difference on the E1 so have put it back to normal, anyone any comments
> or ideas?

As you have stated, there is no dedication to
Olympus -- no OM nor any other model from Olympus.
Since this Regula model is from just before 1980,
when the dedication business startet. It does only
support early stages of dedication, like ready
light in viewfinder, automatic sync speed setting
and the like. No model in supported in any TTL
functionality. The followup model (Regula 740 sca)
incorparates SCA 300 system compatibility. For
OM and the OM TTL you would use the SCA 321 adapter
on that one.

For use with E1 just the normal/fuji setting is
useful, since it offers plain hotshoe, no frills
dedication contact without any interfering other
pin(s).

Andreas