[OM] Re: E-500 specs (long) OT

Subject: [OM] Re: E-500 specs (long) OT
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 22:43:12 -0700
Brian Swale wrote:

>I'm not so sure Intel / James are correct about protecting a number.  There
>was a huge scrap between Porsche and Peugeot over their numbers; I forget
>the exact numbers, but it was in the era when the Porsche 911 and the
>Peugeot 404 were alive and well.

Yep, all true. Many of the parts for my '71 911 started with 901. Only
later parts wer 911.

However, you are talking about two very different jurisdictions. I seem
to recall that at the time, Porsche could have used 901 in many
countries, but the trouble in France and some others in Europe would
have been chaos for marketing.

The prior posts related to the US.

Moose