[OM] Re: now OT Re: copyright watermarks

Subject: [OM] Re: now OT Re: copyright watermarks
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 12:45:08 -0700 (PDT)
Walt wrote:
> But to really get the heart pumping, you need to ride the Tail
> of the Dragon: a two-lane mountain road with 318 curves in 11
> miles.  We were riding this stretch of US 129 back in the
> '70s, before it became so popular that it now attracts enough
> folks some weekends to cause traffic jams.  I guarantee, if
> you ride it fast and survive, you'll want to do it again.  And
> again.

Oh man, one of my favorite roads of all times.  Although I
usually ended up driving it during rain storms.  Nearly took out
a guardrail in my Toyota truck when I couldn't steer fast
enough.  Wild drive--had to get a brake job done right after
that trip.

The only road I've ever seen that is comparable in the USA is
119 between Cross Village and Harbor Springs Michigan. This road
is not unlike half the roads I've seen in Ireland--except it
runs right through a very dense forest that forms a full canopy
above the road.  Only about a lane wide in spots.  Most awesome
fall-color route.

What makes both of these roads so dangerous is the non-existant
sight-lines.  Almost every corner is a blind corner and people
FLY on these roads.  Keep your window rolled down and listen for
and use your horns.

Hmm. Have Audi, will travel...  :)

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com