[OM] Re: first trip with a 14mm

Subject: [OM] Re: first trip with a 14mm
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 20:43:17 -0700
Patrick Moore wrote:

>Hi all.
>
>I bought a 14-28mm zoom off our good friend Piers earlier this week and
>went out for a walk for it the day it arrive.  Anyway, I found the
>ultra-wide elements quite difficult to use initially, but this shot made me
>smile. All comments are very very welcome. :)
>
>http://the.earth.li/~paddy/cgi-bin/indiv.pl?dir=belvoir_wide&photo=Photo35_31.jpg&o=24

I agree with Chuck. Very nice scene. Would look a little better to me
with a bit more contrast in the clouds.

Now tell me, what is this lens? I've never heard of a 14-28 lens for
35mm, let alone for OM mount. Or do you have, in addition to the OM gear
you have posted about, an E-1, and refer to the 7-14 by its 35mm eq. FOV
as 14-28?

I can't find a 14-28 in the archives, the eSIF, the cult classics page,
anywhere. What is this paragon?

Moose