[OM] Re: [[ Am I going to regret my choice?

Subject: [OM] Re: [[ Am I going to regret my choice?
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 23:09:01 +0800
Some interesting figures just measured with my 24/2, 50/1.4 and 85/2:

24/2, from infinity to F4 (DOF scale), the lens extended 0.14mm at F8 the
lens extended 0.29mm.

50/1.4 from infinity to F4 (DOF scale), the lens extended 0.12mm at F8 the
lens extended 0.25mm.

85/2 from infinity to F4 (DOF scale), the lens extened 0.14mm at F8 the lens
extended 0.27mm.

Allowing for some errors in reading the tiny DOF scale, the movement is
roughtly double from F4 to F8, 24/2 and 85/2 almost have the same extension
within the same DOF coverage.

C.H.Ling