[OM] Re: composition and how it changes perceived meaning of a photo

Subject: [OM] Re: composition and how it changes perceived meaning of a photo
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 17:26:16 +1000
Nonsense...philosophy reveals absurdities.
Any absolute claim that truth exists fails because it relies on its
conclusion to support its premise ('it is true that there is such a
thing as truth'). A self sustaining statement.
Any absolute claim that truth does NOT exist fails because it has the
internal contradiction - that the claim must be equally untrue. A
self-contradicting statement.
Therefore neither truth nor the non-existence of truth can prevail?
The problem is in the 'absolute'. There is also relative truth - the
idea that something can be true at a particular time or in a
particular context. There is 'best fit' - 'this theory best explains
the problem at this point.'
Subjectivity has no place in logic unless you enjoy solipcism.
The idea of truth is a useful tho' unreliable social construct.
AndrewF