[OM] Re: DIGITAL ZUIKO 50/2, is good for portrait?

Subject: [OM] Re: DIGITAL ZUIKO 50/2, is good for portrait?
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 13:53:12 -0300
On 10/5/05, Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> There's a background?  Guess I need to look again.  Couldn't get past the
> gorgeous foreground.

Yeah well the composition does sort of naturally lead your eye to
certain parts of the subject, purely due to the composition of course
:-).

I would like to comment that this is a great example of both a
beautiful subject and a beautiful photo of that beautiful subject. I
find a lot of magazine work you see simply relies on the model being
beautiful but if you can get past that and bother to look at the
composition of the shot it's not all that great.

I think it helps to think if the shot would still be good if the model
weren't beautiful. In this case it would.