[OM] Re: 28 2.8 woes

Subject: [OM] Re: 28 2.8 woes
From: "PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service" <olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 13:30:59 -0500
Hopefully the problem is limited to lubrication in the levers in the rear
end.  If it has migrated into the aperture mechanism proper, you're not
going to be happy!

The rear end looks just like that of a late model 50mm -- three screws
holding the rear mount, two rings (one with return spring), a chrome plate
and spring-loaded stop-down lever underneath.  Remove all and clean
thoroughly with solvent, especially the inner corners of the bearings inside
the rear of the mount where the aperture rings move.  Wipe off any lube that
you can get to on the rear of the lens body, reassemble and check -- if
you're lucky, that will take care of it.  If not, you'll have to also go in
through the front and remove the aperture blades, just like on a 50mm.