[OM] Subject: DIGITAL ZUIKO 50/2, is good for portrait?

Subject: [OM] Subject: DIGITAL ZUIKO 50/2, is good for portrait?
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 15:53:08 +1300
Hi all

David wrote
> Hi,
>
> When I used to work with my OM4T I really wanted to work with 100/2. It was
> the
> lens I was waiting for. Now with my E-1 and this 50/2 lens that equals to
> 100/2
> in focal lenght but neither in depth of field is absolutely wonderful for
> portrait. I would like to share with all of you this portrait and I would like
> to hear your comments on it.
>
> Very kind regards,
>
> David
>
> pd: If I could buy 35-100 f2 ;-))))))))

I found these two sites. The top one, from China, is quite large, and many  of
the image links are from slow remote addresses. I now have the whole thing
on my HDD, but it took at least an hour on dial-up to achieve that.

This lens is a favourite with at least some people who are model-mad.  But,
near the bottom of the page, are more some normal macro shots.

I was impressed with the ability of these guys to get useful poses from the
models.

http://forum.xitek.com/showthread.php?threadid=309199

http://www.photozone.de/8Reviews/lenses/olympus_50_2/

Brian