[OM] Manual Zuiko tele lenses on the E-1

Subject: [OM] Manual Zuiko tele lenses on the E-1
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 17:48:14 +1300
Hi all

After all my complaining of a week ago, I did a couple of sets of tests with
the Zuiko 75-150 f/4, 100/2, 85-250 f/5 and the Zuiko 300/4.5

I will try and put up some images in the next week or so.

Maybe I'll do the Sigma 400 as well.

I did try the Kiron 28/2, but didn't keep a good record of which was the Kiron
and which was the Zuiko 50.1.4, so that is not a lot of use.

What I  noticed with the 100/2, is that it was very helpful to alter the EV
value.

With the longer lenses; not so much the 75-150, is that you just have to
*think* of focussing it and the lens is out of sharp focus. It is really tricky
get sharp focus without some sort of aid.

Even though the E-1 has extremely little vibration, for me anyway a tripod is
essential. Also for the 100/2, if something better than snap-shot quality is
the goal.

Brian