[OM] Re: [OT] A very peculiar exposure problem

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] A very peculiar exposure problem
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 06:40:56 -0700 (PDT)
Making the assumption that the A1 was set in manual exposure
mode...  Hmm.  You know, this reminds me of an oddity with the
A-series... Hang on...

Ok, here goes:

1. Under Shooting Menu #4, make sure AE Lock is set to "Off".
2. Under Shooting Menu #3, set the Monitor Amplification to
"Normal", Manual Exposure is set to "Display Priority" when
using non-dedicated flash equipment, "Exposure Priority" when
not using flash

Strange, I know, but it works.  There is a wierd "feature" about
the AE Lock function and external flash equipment when shooting
in manual mode.  I've got other recommended settings posted on
my website for the A1.

As to polorization, I've tested this with my A1 and haven't
experienced anything unusual other than the delay in the display
updating which makes it slightly more difficult to adjust a
polorizer.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com