[OM] Re: [OT] A very peculiar exposure problem

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] A very peculiar exposure problem
From: Manuel Viet <oly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 03:09:53 +0200
Le vendredi 07 Octobre 2005 02:42, Chuck Norcutt a écrit :
> I run into the ad for "PhotoBlocker".  It's a spray to
> coat your license plate and foil traffic camera flashes by making the
> plate so reflective that the plate number is unreadable.

Hummm... I'm very suspicious about this ; from the very low res pics on the
site, the plates appear fairly distorted, and it'll fool any OCR for sure.
But I'm certain that it would also p*ss the cops big time, maybe enough for
them to learn the basics of photoshop sharpen filter, and albeit faint, the
plates show underneath the glow. For instance, the 'PZ' end of the dutch
plate is visible with a naked eye, and so is the '35' at the begining. If
it's legal in your country to give the cops more work, why not, but I'm sure
it's totally illegal in France, and if you get caught, that could be a costly
mistake (not to mention import of prohibited materials and device, illegal
use of them, and that's just what's poping out of my mind, but I'm sure I can
find a couple of other offences with a minor digging in my penal code that
would fit the situation - all cumulatives to the speeding ticket, of course).

--
Manuel Viet