[OM] Re: OT: Interesting

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Interesting
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 10:23:23 -0500
AG Schnozz wrote:
>>I bought my OM-1/50 1.8 new in 1979 for $320 which according
>>to the
>>Inflation Calculator at http://www.westegg.com/inflation/
>>would cost $882.33 in 2004.
>>
>>Sobering figures...
>

> Yes, but...
>
> This past weekend I shot over 1000 pictures on the E-1.  With
> the OM that would have been something like $600 in film and
> developing costs.  Today's costs?  $25 in CD-Rs.
>
> Oh, and I got a whole lot more keepers.

I've discovered this as well.  I never shot enough with my OM's due to
the cost of film and developing.  We were self-employed stained glass
artists for 10 years, and money was always tight.

Now, I'm not afraid to experiment, because I know if a shot is bad, I
hit "delete" and I'm not out any money.  I believe my E1 is finally
going to teach me to be a better photographer.
--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins