[OM] Re: OT Hard drives

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Hard drives
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 14:04:59 -0400
Seagate and Western Digital have both been offering 160GB drives for $39
after rebate for the past couple of months.  The price pops up and
disappears for awhile so you just have to watch the ads.  I've bought
one of each brand but the next will be Seagate.  The Seagate "copy your
old drive and make a new larger bootable drive" software worked on my
Win2000 system but the WD software did not.  It don't think it was even
tested on Win2000 since it didn't take very long to fail.  Hadn't even
got to the moving data part.  The Seagate software can also be used to
copy your boot drive to any other brand hard drive.  It will natter at
you about not being supported if the target is not a Seagate drive but
it will go ahead and do the work (properly) anyhow.

Chuck Norcutt