[OM] Re: OT: Interesting

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Interesting
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 17:55:36 -0700 (PDT)
--- Jeff Keller wrote:
> AG, I think you see images quicker/more often than I do.

Maybe, but I pale compared to the majority of working pros.
Especially when it comes to weddings. I normally top out at
400-500 whereas my peers are shooting up around 1000-1200 per
wedding.  Don't ask me how or of what.

As to speed, well, I have come up with a pretty good working kit
for the field. I really dislike lugging tripods around in the
wilds unless I'm less than "500 yards from the car".  So, my
primary field kit (as it currently stands--subject to change) is
the E-1 around the neck, monopod with heavy-duty ball-head and
quick-release and the rest of the kit in a photo-equipment
backpack (Canon 200EG).  I may have my small backpacking tripod
hung below the pack, but only if I can manage some form of
quick-release mechanism (velcro?).

Using the monopod is a real advantage as I can easily use it
down to 1/4 second and it takes seconds to setup, move,
relocate, shoot and go on.  When it's so easy to take a shot I
tend to take more shots and try different angles.  But I don't
seem to get quite as anal about things as I do when shooting on
a tripod.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com