[OM] Re: Please critique my scans

Subject: [OM] Re: Please critique my scans
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 11:43:26 -0300
On 10/8/05, Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A couple of days ago I acquired a Nik*n 4000ED film scanner. I've scanned a
> dozen or so negs and before I go too far I'd appreciate a critique on the
> technical aspects of what I've done because I haven't used a film scanner
> before.
>
> Please have a look at the scans on this page
> http://dev-stop-fix.com/test.php
> and tell me what you think they look like.

I'd say you've done a really good job. Usually in my experience it's a
lot tougher to get good B&W scans and these look really good. I do
notice a lot of grain in a couple of the shots, seems a bit odd for
that size unless the neg is really grainy or maybe there's too much
sharpening or something. But tonally they look great.