[OM] Re: Any experience with Sigma 15mm f2.8 ?

Subject: [OM] Re: Any experience with Sigma 15mm f2.8 ?
From: "Daniel Sepke" <dan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 20:53:56 -0400
Hey Jay,

There are a few of options for 16mm outside of the Zuiko if you are looking
for a diagonal fisheye. Sigma's 16mm was made in at least two versions. The
earlier version is larger and has filters built while and the later one is
smaller and uses 22mm filters that attach inside by breaking the lens in
half. If you don't think filters are a high priority then I would recommend
the later smaller one as it has less exposed front element. Either can be
found in OM with patience for around the $150 mark on eekbay.

As to the 15mm your question is about, I was not aware that the 15mm f2.8
was made in OM. In a brief search online I didn't find one. The ones I did
find were AF lenses only which would suggest it is a newer design. If it is
a newer design then it might well be rather hard to find in OM as sigma have
pretty much given up on MF lenses now. As far as quality goes Sigma's seem
to be pretty good but with the odd exceptional example turning up as well as
few bad apples.

Let us know how it goes if you take the plunge!

Dan S.