[OM] Re: Please critique my scans

Subject: [OM] Re: Please critique my scans
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 21:02:33 +1000
At 10:58 PM 9/10/2005 +0100, GeeBee wrote:

>Hi Andrew,
>
>Plenty to admire but I find these two outstanding:
>
>http://dev-stop-fix.com/test/beechworth_gorge_falls.jpg
>http://dev-stop-fix.com/landscapes/02.php

Hi Graham,

Thanks for the kudos, coming from a landscape master such as yourself it
means a lot.

>You do not make it clear whether you scanned everything on your site but I
>took the full tour and some have a 'light' line running through them, only
>visible on dark areas, which indicates dust in the scanner:
>
>Sue#1 (from the top to the left side of the head)
>Leather Jacket #2 (in the thong)
>Curves #1 (the left thigh)

Yes, I scanned everything.  All the images in my galleries were scanned
from prints - that's why there aren't many to look at, I sort of ran out of
steam!  Scanning prints is such a drag...

But now I have this Nik*n neg scanner top-notch results are easy to obtain
very quickly, I have a new lease of life and have been going crazy
re-scanning all my negs so I can redo all my galleries.

I don't know why I didn't notice the line on those images, I didn't know
that dust caused the line either, thanks for enlightening me.

>I really have been on the lists too long, I am looking at photographs of
>naked women and seeing dust in the scanner :-)
>
>--Graham

This made me laugh - good one!  Mind you, I didn't put the 'real' nudes
onto the site, what you see are the more 'acceptable' ones - I think seeing
the others would definitely get your mind out of the techy groove!

Andrew McPhee