[OM] e-500 review and reminiscing about OM London meet

Subject: [OM] e-500 review and reminiscing about OM London meet
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 09:03:36 EDT
_www.dpreview.com/news/0510/05100303olye500preview.asp_
(http://www.dpreview.com/news/0510/05100303olye500preview.asp)

The e-500 certainly looks interesting and feature rich compared to its  older
brother the e-300, however I'm still waiting on the new e-? as my next
Olympus digital body.  If the e-? didn't seem to be waiting right  around the
corner, I'd be tempted. Heck, I'm tempted anyway. If the  e-300 was a
competitor
with the other guys, the e-500 should kick butt.

In the test shots for this new camera it looks like the guide must have  been
one of the participants in the Olympus meet we had in London a few years
ago.  Although he didn't post any pictures from The Swan, he certainly  went
there.  He was, after all, already on the other side of the  Thames.  It might
be
interesting to have a reunion of the  previous crew of OM Thames river rats
and see how our kits have changed  over the past few years.  We could even
invite some others.  That  is not a proposal.  Really, it isn't.  No, I'm not
planning a trip  across the pond anytime soon.  Hmm, it would be nice.  Maybe
2007.  Anyone passing through Houston?    Bill  Barber