[OM] Mr. Adams' Show

Subject: [OM] Mr. Adams' Show
From: "Bob Whitmire" <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 12:53:33 -0400
Went to the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston this weekend to see the Ansel
Adams exhibit. It's nice to occasionally dip ones feet into the cool waters
of the masters.

For what it's worth, the biggest surprise of the exhibit was a photo Adams
took in 1944 when he partnered up with Dorthea Lange to photograph the
results of a crumbling war industry in the SF Bay area. There's a shot he
took with Lange's camera, of three kids, that just freaking took my breath
away. First time I'd seen this one. Not a landscape to be seen. Nothing
approaching f64. Hand-held on a 35mm piece of film. Old Ansel had the eye,
there's no doubt about it.

--Bob