[OM] Color filters with flash

Subject: [OM] Color filters with flash
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeff-keller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 14:20:11 -0700
A few weeks ago several people gave me some suggestions about using color
correction filters with flash. The filters arrived Thursday, then Friday
evening I was asked to take some pictures immediately of a condominium which
the sellers wanted advertised the same day they signed the listing
agreement.

Previously I would keep the flash set low enough that the blue cast was not
too objectionable. Taping a small orange piece of plastic over the flash
makes a world of difference. It's much quicker and more flexible when not
having to worry about mixed color temperatures. I would recommend that
everyone carry a orange filter with their flash. The T32 orange filter is
probably close enough to the "color temperature orange" that it would work.

The condominium was empty and painted a nice boring beige. I successfully
captured the resulting excitement  ;^(

The pictures aren't much (and I didn't try the minus green on the under
cabinet fluorescent lights - any color besides beige helps)

http://www.julianalee.com/homes/2005/sheridan_ave_101_435/index.htm

Click the "more photos" link just below the picture to see the interior.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions, they really help,
-jeff
(I hope a generic thank you doesn't offend the helpful, I made some changes
to my email and lost the saved messages)