[OM] Re: Looking for a TAmron 80-200mm f2.8? Take a look at ebay# 755314

Subject: [OM] Re: Looking for a TAmron 80-200mm f2.8? Take a look at ebay# 7553144...
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 09:14:53 EDT

In a message dated 10/11/2005 6:13:14 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx writes:

What do  you like about it in comparison to the Tamron?

Three things:

1) It is about the same size and has about the same handling  characteristics
as the Tamron.

2) I can't tell any difference in the quality of the images produced.

3) Someone at a camera show wanted my Tamron which was "like new" more  than
I did, so the proceeds of that sale funded both my Tokina AT-X purchase and
provided a bit more fuel for my habit.  Please don't tell anyone at ZA  about
this.

Perhaps the best answer might be that there was not anything wrong  with
Tamron, so it was not a decision to switch from one to another because the
Tokina
was better.    Bill  Barber