[OM] Re: E-thing guys - couple of questions

Subject: [OM] Re: E-thing guys - couple of questions
From: jeff-keller@xxxxxxx (Jeff Keller)
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 23:44:42 +0000
If I remember correctly the little smartmedia cards used with the Olympus point
and shoot digital I had years ago wouldn't show free space if they were deleted
by the computer (windoze 98). If you are deleting the pictures but the space
isn't released, it's probably the driver for the card reader.

I've never seen the problem with the E-1 cards, for which I almost always use
the computer to deleted the pictures after copying them (windoze XP pro with
PNY card reader)

Michael's comment about 48 images is a good one. I get 180 raw images on a 2G
card. Are you sure that you don't have some pictures locked or something so
that they won't delete?

-jeff