[OM] Re: Best Flash for the E-series

Subject: [OM] Re: Best Flash for the E-series
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hans.van.veluwen@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 10:14:45 +0200
> You can't use the T32, at least not on-camera, because it is a
dedicated
> flash and the two extra contacts may conflict with the dedicated
> contacts in the hot shoe (flash or camera may get damaged).

:  Not so -- it's been working just fine for me. Manual/flash auto only,

: no TTL, but on a digital it's easy enough to chimp to get things
adjusted.

Well, you're lucky nothing went wrong. The E-300 manual contains a
serious warning against using dedicated flashes not built for the
E-system (I suppose it also applies to the E-1 and E-500) on the page
'Non-specified commercial flashes':

"(4) Do not use a flash unit or other accessory TTL flash that has
additional
communications functions other than the specified flashes, since it may
not only fail to function normally, but may also cause damage to the
camera's circuitry."

It would worry me to ignore this and mount a T flash...

Hans