[OM] Re: Snags with a CF card, was E-thing guys

Subject: [OM] Re: Snags with a CF card, was E-thing guys
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:08:47 -0700 (PDT)
> The simplicity of the older OM cameras is a joy to be
> treasured. /jmac

Picture for picture, I've fewer issues and problems with the A1
and E-1 as compared to the OMs.

Sure, you'll have a CF card or battery pack bark at you once in
a while, but who among us haven't had a roll of film jam up or
come off the spindle or fail to advance due to misloading?

Or shot it at the wrong ISO?

Or had a hair or other grotty get caught in the focal plane
shutter opening?

Or had a set of batteries croak at the most inopportune moment?

I think so much of our point of comparisons have to do with the
fact that digital equipment is so blasted expensive to buy.  I
never groused too much about my OM-2S because I bought it at an
affordable price and I've run the wheels off the thing.  I buy a
new digital camera--taking up my entire annual bonus and you can
bet that I'll scream loudly if it is acting flaky.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com