[OM] Re: Best Flash for the E-series

Subject: [OM] Re: Best Flash for the E-series
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 19:37:53 +0000
I just made a careful comparison of the contact positions on the feet of a T20,
T32, and T Power Control 1.  As I expected, they are identical.  Comparing
these contacts with the contacts in the hot shoe of an E-1, the only one that
will mate up the big center one, which, I think, fires the flash.  (It must,
because it does.)  The other two flash contacts touch none of the other E-1
contacts, which are way in the back.  There's even the expected indentation in
the E-1 hot shoe to accommodate the little pushy-uppy hicky that retracts the
contacts when mounting a flash, thereby, when it drops into the hole, allowing
the contacts to flop back down to mate with whatever uninsulated bit of metal
they can find.  In the case of the T flashes and the E-1, that's naught but the
center contact.

As a more practical matter, I have used all three of the aforementioned flashes
on my E-1 and nothing's fried yet.

Anyway, be careful out there.  No warranty, either express or implied, is made
relative to this information, nor should anyone sustaining damage by acting
thereon expect the slightest form of either indemnification or apology.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --