[OM] Re: Best Flash for the E-series

Subject: [OM] Re: Best Flash for the E-series
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 15:39:17 -0400
Dan Mitchell wrote:

  Canon flashes seem to have four extra terminals in a little
> square 'behind' the central one, of which three would match up with the
> E-1's connections, and so using a Canon flash on an E-1 would probably
> be a bad idea. (on the upside, I'd guess that Canon off-camera hot shoe
> cords ought to work with an E-1)

Indeed, I have heard recently that this is not only true but that the
Canon cable is preferred for some reason.  Don't recall why or where I
heard it.  Don't know where it would have been if not right here.  Maybe
it was the other way round with the Canon guys preferring the Oly cable.
   Damn.  I really can't remember for sure.

Advancing age and declining memory are not always fun.  However, there
are some advantages.  As you get older the universe of good looking
women continues to expand.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt