[OM] Re: Made in China?

Subject: [OM] Re: Made in China?
From: Ali <oly-zooko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 08:20:03 -0400
I like the Olympus E-500 FAQ question. Not that it really makes a
difference where a product is made.....I guess I am just used to seeing
"Made in Japan". The last NEW SLR (2002) that I purchased is
manufactured in Japan. Anyhow in my quest for more info before I make a
decision...I posed the manufacturing questiont to Pentax...just as an FYI.

My biggest issue is that the local camera shops here in Buffalo do not
have Olympus demo models for me to hold. The other evening I stopped in
a local camera shop and held a N*kon D70 and Pentax *istdl. I loved the
*istdl...beautiful camera.

One other thing I noticed in the E-500 is the focusing zones...3 vs. 11
points in the Pentax *istds2. Does this make a huge difference? The
E-500 and *ISTDS2 are basically head to head right now....both are brand
new from their respective manufacturers.

- Ali