[OM] Re: E-1 and FL36 together with OM zuikos?

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 and FL36 together with OM zuikos?
From: orava@xxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 13:23:59 +0300 (EEST)

I wrote an email to Olympus support asking this same question and the answer
was:

"
TTL  works only manually (M) with OM-adapter in E-1.

>From link below you can get more information about OM-adapter
compatibility with the E-1

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_files/mf1instcomp.pdf
"

I guess that someone there has mixed TTL, auto and manual settings. If you have
to use the flash manually then why do they mention TTL? Well, looks like you
won't get TTL with OM lenses because the lens can't tell the body and the flash
what focal length and aperture it is using. Too bad. Luckily I still have few
T32's and an OM4Ti that I can use when I need TTL-flash.

Olli