[OM] Re: Fisheye 8mm and fungal blooms - how easy to remove

Subject: [OM] Re: Fisheye 8mm and fungal blooms - how easy to remove
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 08:19:50 -0400
Yes, some fungus can be cleaned off (rub vigorously with 'nose oil' :-0,
ponds cold cream or almost any variety of skin cream, Lubriderm may do).
After cleaning, wipe with lens tissue and alcohol.  Unfortunately some
fungus gets between cemented elements in groups. Also while fungus may
appear gone while you are handling the element, you discover during rebuild
that it is still visible.

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington, NY 11743