[OM] Re: Words and pictures : Winwick Northamptonshire

Subject: [OM] Re: Words and pictures : Winwick Northamptonshire
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:16:02 -0600
Then again, if he had poor eyesight and thought you were a cow, you might
have been punished with the extra half leg. The "agony and the ecstasy"
there would come home in a hurry. That might be a unique photo op for
someone else.

In the days when most of the cattle in the American west were the longhorn
variety, a cowboy was fairly safe when on horseback but not on foot. There
are many stories about cowboys falling off a horse and getting killed by
those bad-ass cows. People are raising those critters again but I haven't
heard about problems with them being too aggressive. I use caution with
anything big enough to eat hay and that includes some people.

/jmac