[OM] Re: OM to EOS adapter, $71

Subject: [OM] Re: OM to EOS adapter, $71
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 19:17:04 -0700
M.M. Sparks wrote:

>Piers,
>
>I can stop down any OM lens with my finger, using the DOF tab on the
>side of the lens.

While that is true, it isn't much practical use. Holding the DOF button
down dureing every shot is simply impractical.

>Is there any such thing as an OM>EOS adpater that retains an
>auto-diaphragm linkage?

No, but I think it's about time someone designed one. Since there is no
mechanical stop down mechanism in the EOS mount, the adapter would need
to read the appropraite signal from the lens/body contacts (and possibly
pass an appropriate response back) and activate an electro-mechanical
mechanism to operate the diaphram. Trivial, no?

More seriously, it would be nice to have a liver on the side of an
adapter to actuate the stop down, but there isn't much room to work with.

The task would actually be physically easier for an OM to 4/3 mount
adapter, as there is much more space to work in with the much greater
difference in register distances.

Moose