[OM] Re: Best Flash for the E-series

Subject: [OM] Re: Best Flash for the E-series
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 19:54:54 +0000
I've been distracted for a few days and may have skipped too quickly through
the plethora of unread posts, but unless I missed it, I saw nothing in response
to my observation that there's a little hole in the hot shoe of the E-1 that
perfectly accommodates the little claw thing that retracts the contacts on the
T flashes until the foot of the flash is all the way into the hot shoe, which
seems, at least to me, to indicate that Olympus intended that the old flashes,
like the old lenses, would at least be usable, although not recommended and
without the hand-holding many of today's wimpy photographers might need.

Could the presence of this perfectly-positioned indentation be explained in the
same way that some might claim our noses are perfectly situated on our faces so
that we can wear glasses?  I think not.

One of these, either noses or hot shoe holes, may actually be the result of
intelligent design.

Anyone?  Anyone?

Those in Kansas are excused.

Walt