[OM] Re: Dead Mother (Now with pictures!)

Subject: [OM] Re: Dead Mother (Now with pictures!)
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 16:54:23 -0600
Someone published some research the other day that concluded it's cheaper
for the elderly to live on a luxury cruise ship for the rest of their life
than go into assisted living. Not possible for lots of folks but interesting
anyway. /jmac

<< snip

Well, I followed instructions before.... I still do wish you well with
the inevitable emotional aftermath. My mother is about to turn 85 and
has slipped into that difficult stage where she needs lots of
assistance, but is still living in the house her family moved into when
she started high school. She says she doesn't want to live as long as
her friend who just turned 100, but isn't ready to go yet. So next week
the visits to assisted living places begin. I am so not looking forward
to that.

<< snip