[OM] Re: Dead Mother (Now with pictures!)

Subject: [OM] Re: Dead Mother (Now with pictures!)
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 14:44:44 +0000
Chris,

It would be nice if the results of your calculations were in fact true, but,
sadly, I was nowhere close to 18 in 1998.  My writing skills seem to be eroding
since my retirement, and in attempting to avoid my usual verbosity, what I
wrote obviously was subject to misinterpretation because of poor sentence
structure.  Actually, my father died in 1998 at the age of 82, a short time
before the date that would have been his and mother's 60th wedding anniversary,
not at the age of 60.  I was 18 at the time I took the photograph on his 42nd
birthday, way back in 1958, which makes me, as of today, 452.4 in dog years.
Some days, I feel about that old in people years.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --

From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

[snip]

> However, I did some sums and if you were 18 when your father was 42
> and he was nearly 60 in 1998, you are a younger chap than I have
> hitherto supposed.  I was 26 in 1980 when you were, allegedly, 18
> years old ... ;-)
>
> Chris
> ~~ >-)-
> C M I Barker
> Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.
> +44 (0)7092 251126
> www.threeshoes.co.uk
> homepage.mac.com/zuiko
>

> On 15 Oct 2005, at 17:59, Walt Wayman wrote:

[snip]
> > A half dozen or so of the shots were taken on my father's 42nd
> > birthday. (He died in 1998, just over a month short of his and
> > mother's 60th anniversary.)  I was 18 at the time ...
[snip]