[OM] Re: When digital is no good...

Subject: [OM] Re: When digital is no good...
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 13:35:07 -0400
Simon Worby wrote:

> So I reassert my point. If you want to project your images and do them
> any sort of justice in the process, then digital is simply, at this
> point in time, useless.
------------------------------------

It's hardly useless.  I use it all the time.  It's a great tool for
reviewing portraits and other types of images.  It would not do for
critical review of architectural details.  For that matter your 35mm
OM's might not be suitable for that usage either.

You seem to be trying too hard to convince yourself (by convincing us)
that digital doesn't make sense.  As regards detail on digital and film,
an 8Mp Canon 20D clearly surpasses what you can record on 35mm Provia.
I'll grant you that you can't see that detail on an XGA projector but
that doesn't make the XGA projector worthless.

It's not useless.  It simply doesn't meet your own personal criteria for
image quality.

Chuck Norcutt