[OM] Re: When digital is no good...

Subject: [OM] Re: When digital is no good...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 23:33:41 -0700
Bruce Nolting wrote:

>I seem to recall reading somewhere that in order to match the
>information content (resolution, color depth, etc.) of a professional
>grade 35mm slide (one taken on pro-grade film such as Velvia, using good
>equipment and technique) it would take at least a 20 mp sensor.  I
>haven't seen anything that leads me to doubt that, yet, either.  Now to
>go try and dig up the reference...

Pop Photo came to the conclusion that the 1Ds II surpassed film in
resolution. Challenged by numerous readers about their choice of film,
they retested. The digi clearly won, based on the samples they printed.
Digis have surpassed film in measured color accuracy for some time, but
if you shot Velveeta, that may not be important. :-)

Moose