[OM] Re: When digital is no good...

Subject: [OM] Re: When digital is no good...
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 11:02:57 -0400
I suspect film scans posted to the Internet are one of primary reasons film
is so quickly falling out of vogue.
 It's very unfortunate that a lot of people who could know better make
judgements about fine quality by looking at their (relatively) low
resolution computer screen.
 I quite agree that a fine transparency, viewed on a good light table, is a
thing of beauty, especially one shot to LF. But Bill's comment is right on
in my experience. Standards are declining and most people can't see the
difference and/or simply don't care.
  FWIW/ScottGee1