[OM] Re: eyesight going down south

Subject: [OM] Re: eyesight going down south
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 05:35:51 -0700 (PDT)
Here is what you do:
Cut a circle from a dark paper about half an inch of diameter and glue it to
your window.  Cover one of your eyes with let's say a notecard.  DO NOT cover
it with your hand and DO NOT touch it otherwise, when you uncover it, you will
not see anything for a long time.
Now, with one eye covered, from a distance of about 1 yard/meter focus at the
little circle glued to the window for about a second, then focus at the
"infinity" or some distant subject through the window for another second.  Do
this for about five minutes and then switch eyes.  Must do it every day.  It
will come back, not all of it, but most.  Be patient.
Good luck.
Boris
P.S.  The A200 lets you magnify the image during manual focus.  I used this
feature once to take a picture of my wife in low light, by focusing on a
freckle on her face from 10'/3m distance.