[OM] Re: Favorite portrait lens for OM

Subject: [OM] Re: Favorite portrait lens for OM
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 16:04:38 -0300
On 10/19/05, ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I agree.  Either I don't know how to use the PS clone tool or it's
> funky.  Tool of last resort in my experience.

Not having used PWP I can't comment on how well it works but once you
do learn how to use it in PS it's a great tool. My use of it has
declined since the introduction of the healing brush (I think that
came in PS 7) which does the cloning but then also tries to match the
colour with the surounding area. Works really well for areas of the
same colour (such as sky) but sometimes has problems when you're
working close to the edges of something in the scene and you get very
different colours in a small area. For that the clone tool is king (if
you know how to work it).