[OM] Re: Favorite portrait lens for OM

Subject: [OM] Re: Favorite portrait lens for OM
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 18:25:45 -0400
There are some very fundamental differences between the way cloning
works in PWP and in PhotoShop.

In PhotoShop, if you are using a soft brush, the effect of the brush can
extend well beyond what it visible to you if you are using a low flow
rate and opacity.  But the effect of repeated applications is cumulative
and so eventually you notice that you've been diddling with some area
that you didn't intend to.  This doesn't happen with a hard edged brush
but you can still be confused at times as to exactly where the source is
since it's not continuously indicated.

This can never happen in PWP no matter what type of brush you're using.
  The effective size is always indicated by a bounding circle on both
source and destination.  You always know exactly which pixels are
getting copied and where they're going and the behavior is consistent no
matter the type of brush.

PWP also allows cloning from a fixed point.  As I read the help file for
PhotoShop I think is says it should be able to do that as well.
However, I've never been able to get it to work.

Chuck Norcutt