[OM] Re: Favorite portrait lens for OM

Subject: [OM] Re: Favorite portrait lens for OM
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 18:00:36 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:

>>If you want to copy from an absolute point in the image then just
>>uncheck aligned and the point will be fixed.

>Yup, that's exactly what the manual says.  And that's exactly what
>doesn't work in my copy of PhotoShop (ver 7.0).  Whether aligned is
>checked or unchecked the clone tool behaves the same.

I don't have 7 installed any more. In 8(CS), it it behaves differently
depending on the 'Aligned' box setting.

With Aligned on, each time the tool is started after the first time, the
source will be the same distance/direction from the tool as at the last
click or the end of the last drag.

With Aligned off, each time the tool is started, the source starts from
the original point chosen with Alt-Left Click.

In either setting, when the tool is dragged, the source point, marked by
a cross, moves along at constant distance/direction from the tool.

Moose