[OM] Re: OT - we have a problem...

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - we have a problem...
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 13:35:39 -0300
On 10/21/05, Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Bugger - sorry about the clock. Every time I shut down it reverts to
> 10am on some date in 1972! Only happened since I went to OS 10.4 -
> any Mac users know how to fix that one?
> I always thought that the opposite extreme to anal retention was oral
> gratification...

I'd check that it's set to automatically synchronise the clock. If
memory serves it's in the date and time preferences.

If it's still resetting every time you restart then it does sound like
the battery but if that's been replaced then something else you might
try is "zapping" the PRAM, which I believe is where that is stored (as
well as a some other settings). On older macs I seem to recall that it
was done by holding down command-option-P-R as you restarted the
system, not sure if it's the same with newer macs.