[OM] Re: Quantum Turbo alternative, was: Re: Best Flash for the E-series

Subject: [OM] Re: Quantum Turbo alternative, was: Re: Best Flash for the E-series
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:35:00 -0400
I just remembered that a friend who has one of these SP Systems packs
also had some trouble getting his to output power also.  On inspection
he discovered that one of his several Quantum cords had a slightly
larger diameter on the plastic sleeve that surrounds the connector
cylinder on the power pack end.  It's possible it was even a Q-flash
since he has one of those.  The hole in the SP Systems pack case for the
cable connector has very little extra clearance.  Since the connector
was very slightly off-center with respect to the hole in the case this
slightly larger diameter sleeve was not fitting through the hole in the
case and was not allowing the connector to seat completely into the
socket.  A couple turns with an X-acto knife in the inside of the hole
in the case enlarged it enough that the second cable would seat properly.

You don't necessarily get precision of manufacture for 1/3 the price.

Chuck Norcutt