[OM] Re: Exploring B/W with Olympus E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: Exploring B/W with Olympus E-1
From: "David Irisarri" <div2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 11:48:26 +0200
Hi Peter,

Thanks you for your comments. I worked a lot with Channel Mixer to get this
pleasant smooth skin in her face.
Chuck. I am glad to see you like my friend´s portrait. This is the type of
photography I really like. Cosmetics, fashion, publicity, etc... B/W and
street photography is very, very difficult but also lovely. I have readed my
father´s old LIFE encyclopaedia and I have found really impressive shots
that I must recognize that you must have a special eye for grabbing these
scenes.
Bill... It seems that cropping has been the main key here. Many people told
me about this. The photo is already cropped from the original one, maybe I
wanted to keep 4:3 aspect and this was a bad decision.
Thanks for your comments.
Andrew... I agree with you that we must be very careful with our hobbies and
work. For retouching the girl´s picture I stayed a lots of hours without
stopping and maybe we need to have a break, even with the things we really
like.

Regards,

Dave