[OM] Re: E-500 review and other questions

Subject: [OM] Re: E-500 review and other questions
From: "Bao C. Ha" <bao@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 13:35:49 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Ali,

Which pictures are you talking about? "Softness" in pictures
depends on the lens. And, I don't think the Rebel XT is tested
with better lenses, compared to the E-500. The lens kit on the
E-500 right now blows away all of the lens kits offered by
Canon or even Nikon.

The 4/3 sensor is "tiny" compared to the so-called "full-frame"
35mm size sensor in the Canon 1D or 5D. Compared to the APS-C
size sensor in the Rebel XT, 4/3 sensor is about 10% smaller,
which is hardly tiny. It's noisier than Canon's sensor, just
because Kodak does not know what to do. Hopefully, Olympus will
do their own if they want their next Pro model to compete
against the 5D and 1D.

There are three focus points in the E-500. You can choose to
use all three, or just the center one, or just the left or
right one. I think most people uses the center one.

I don't think the dual storage is helpful. The CF is much
faster to write to, and you will want to use CF exclusively.

Bao

On Sat, October 22, 2005 10:57 am, Ali wrote:
> Since I am embarking into the Olympus digital world...I had a few
> questions. I read the E-500 review which had been provided by Winsor.
> Although some of it flew over my head....I noticed the E-500 photo's
> seemed a bit soft compared to the Rebel XT. Also many people have said
> that the 4/3 sensor is TINY. How does this sensor compare to some of the
> other sensors? Regarding focus points...my understanding is that
> "multi-focus" points is typically a gimmick to attract people that might
> otherwise buy a "point and shoot" camera. Can "multi-focus" points be
> turned OFF or changed to single point focusing in the E-500?
>
> I am sorry if all of this has been covered before....I never really paid
> attention to the digital conversations.
>
> One thing I really like about the E-500 is the dual storage slots.
>
> - Ali

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Best Regards.
Bao C. Ha
Hacom OpenBrick Distributor USA http://www.hacom.net
voice: (714) 530-8817 fax: (714) 530-8818
8D66 6672 7A9B 6879 85CD 42E0 9F6C 7908 ED95 6B38