[OM] Re: E-500 review and other questions

Subject: [OM] Re: E-500 review and other questions
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 17:14:17 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 22 Oct 2005, Ali wrote:

> 1.7 seconds according to the review...they have even a little animation
> to highlight the dust removal.
>
> Instant on is one of the gripes in the review. Maybe with a firmware
> update....Oly will correct it.

I really don't see what the big deal is with the 1.7 second delay.  When
using the camera you usually turn it on well before you're going to take a
photo.  The camera then goes into a sleep mode if you don't use it within
a specific period of time. Coming out of sleep mode is instantaneous. It's
like using an OM-1, you turn the light meter on when you're going to use the
camera and turn it off when you're done.  You don't turn the light meter
on/off for each photo.
                                                -mark