[OM] Re: E-500 review and other questions

Subject: [OM] Re: E-500 review and other questions
From: "Marc Lawrence" <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 19:25:28 +1000
> >> The camera then goes into a sleep mode if you don't
> >> use it within a specific period of time. Coming out of sleep
> >> mode is instantaneous.
> >>
> On 23/10/2005, at 9:53 AM, Marc Lawrence wrote:
> > ...which shut me right up.
>
> Andrew Fildes wrote:
> My 10D doesn't! Lost many shots because it's asleep and it
> took a few seconds to wake up. I've got into the habit of tapping
> the trigger if something likely looks to be happening.

C'mon! Keep up with the program, old man! That "instantaneous" that
Mark mentioned, was, I believe, about the E-500. (okay, I concede I
it was my underquoting that lead this way). My experience with the
10D is the same as yours, except I have a young man's lightning-fast
reflexes (unfortunately, accompanied with his minimal anticipatory
wisdom ;-) ).

(BTW, I'm about the buy the Sigma 10-20. I miss the 20-35 in my
20-35)

Cheers,
Marc (35y.o., and a liar with neither youth nor wisdom in his quiver)