[OM] Re: Shots again the E-500

Subject: [OM] Re: Shots again the E-500
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 20:45:45 -0700
I am surprised. I looked through the viewfinder of the E-300 a couple
of times and thought it was pretty good. You would not think that the
500 would be worse. Of course comparing it to an OM is not fair. Few
cameras of any format, digital or film come off well in that
comparison. Besides being small the zooms on them are usually slow
making them dim as well. Suggest you borrow someone's no longer used
digital point and shoot and use it for a month. Then go back and look
at the dslrs. :-) You will love them then.

If you are looking at other brands look at a Nikon D70. Very fine
camera and good handling as well. Nice features such as wireless
remote flash and 1/500 flash synch.

Or bite the bullet and get that new Canon 5D full frame. It may seem
expensive, but you should never feel the impulse to upgrade it like
so many of the cheaper cameras. I doubt that amateur cameras will
progress significantly past its performance level.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA